Offering impeccable customer service is critical for any organization or company hoping to create and maintain a loyal customer base. World Services for the Blind’s eight-week Call Center Specialist program imparts a vast skill set upon its participants so that, upon graduation, they are prepared to take on the role of call center representative with confidence.
Organized into 11 components, the Call Center Specialist program covers the following topics:
- Customer service
- Soft skills
- Relationship building
- Sales and marketing
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Human resources
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) programs
The bulk of instruction will focus on sharpening students’ skills in the three Microsoft programs that will be essential to their career development. Students will study Outlook, Word, and Excel. Each module will provide an in-depth look at each program, and how to use them to their fullest potential in the customer service/call center arena.
Potential Careers for Graduates:
- Customer Service Representative in a call center
- Debt Collector in a call center
- Customer Service Representative working from home
- E-Commerce Customer Service Representative working from home
- Customer Service Associate in-store
- High school diploma or GED
- Keyboarding speed of 35 wpm (45 wpm preferred)
- 12th-grade spelling level
- Print reading speed of 100 wpm with 75% comprehension
- Excellent ZoomText or JAWS skills
For more information, including how to apply, please fill out this contact form or contact your LHOB case manager.